Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I love Disco

I came of age in the 1980s but I love Disco. It reminds me of my late uncle Len and it reminds me of being a small child in the 70s. Some of my all time favorites were Donna Summer of course, K.C. & The Sunshine Band, and Gloria Gaynor among others. Today though I have to give it up to my all time favorite disco act and in all fairness to them they were more than that but hey they were the ultimate and that’s the Bee Gees, I mean the soundtrack to “Saturday Night Fever” is a must own album. With songs like “How Deep Is Your Love”, “Stayin Alive”, “More Than A Woman’ and of course the always booty shaking “You Should Be Dancing” and I’m off and having a great time being 8 years old again, if only music can be that much fun again someday…..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ccjD_hfSk

1 comment:

Tami P said...

OH man, can't agree with you more. There were some fantastic disco groups, and even some (won't name anyone in particular) that transended the disco era and went on from there, BUT, I defy anyone to listen to any of the BeeGee classics and not feeling like 'getting down'.